Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strawberry Basil Pesto

I used Thai sweet basil because I needed to use it up and I reallyyyy love the way it smells. Regular basil would work fine here as well. I also used almonds instead of pine nuts because strawberries, sweet basil, and almonds sounded perfect together.


Strawberry Basil Pesto:
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/3 cup almonds, toasted
A small handful (about 1/3 cup) fresh basil leaves
6 small strawberries (or 4 large)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt, freshly ground pepper


1. Pulse the cheese, almonds, and basil leaves together.
2. Add the oil and form a paste.
3. Throw in the strawberries and pulse until the pesto is uniform. Season with salt and pepper.

I added a few more strawberries because mine were getting kind of old and losing their fragrance. Pesto is really a personal preference type of dish, so add or subtract ingredients to suit you!

No comments:

Post a Comment