Thursday, April 14, 2011

Portabella Mushroom Fajitas

I neither came up with, nor photographed, this dinner. So I’m giving all the credit to GoodLifeEats.

The original recipe calls for cumin, but I switched it with garam masala. I love garam masala. It’s smoky and slighty sweet and I feel so creative when I use it.
Do you like flavor? Then you like these fajitas.

Fajita Filling:
* 8 ounces small portabella mushrooms
* 1 yellow red bell pepper
* 1 red bell pepper
* 4-6 flour tortillas, warmed


Portabella Marinade:
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 1 lime, juiced
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
* 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika

1. Make the marinade and let the mushrooms marinate for 20-30 minutes.
2. Saute the veggies until they smell wonderful, then add the mushrooms to the skillet. Toss until everything is coated in the marinade. I actually made a larger batch of marinade than called for and poured some more over the veggies at this point. Just more flavor.
3. Fill your wraps! Garnish with cheese, guacamole, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment