Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dark Chocolate Mocha & Salted Caramel Cupcake

 Starbucks Seasonal Coffee + Cupcake = Explosion
Chocolate. Coffee. Salted Caramel.
You heard me
 
My favorite person ever just celebrated her 19th. She loves coffee, I love her, logically this cupcake had to be born.

It was a beautiful thing. These cupcakes are so decadent and taste just like the real thing! Mocha coffee topped with a bed of whipped cream and drizzled salted caramel. Mmmm dreamy.

(someone remind me a Blackberry is not a real camera)

They even tasted good when they were sitting in my lap. Lesson: don't carry uncovered cupcakes in one hand, while riding in a car. When Sam stepped on the gas they tumbled right off the plate, leaving frosting and caramel all over me and my car. I guess that's better than a hot coffee in my lap?

So Lexi here's the picture for proof, they weren't always a gooey mess! Happy Birthday, and lesson learned!


Dark Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
Ingredients: (makes 12)
* 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 tablespoons ground coffee


Directions:
Oven at 350
1. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and coffee.
2. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
3. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in two batches, alternating with the sour cream. Mix until just combined.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.

Top with:
Vanilla Buttercream
Salted Caramel
Eat 11. Give 1 away.

No comments:

Post a Comment