Thursday, January 17, 2013

GGS and Coconut Oil: Why Bandwaggoning Rocks

I know, I know, bandwaggoning is usually frowned upon...but sometimes joining a trend can be a great thing! There are always going to be new findings and fads in the health world and blindly following all of them can be dangerous and a waste of time. BUT I sincerely believe in the benefits of these two:
Glowing Green Smoothie (GGS)
&
Coconut Oil


Glowing Green Smoothie
The GGS and other green smoothies are no secret in the health industry. They have been very popular for a while now for one reason: THEY WORK.
The GGS was created by Kimberly Snyder, RD, celebrity dietitian. This woman is amazing and an expert in nutitrition & the science behind creating powerful and beautiful bodies. I strongly encourage following her at www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog or purchase her book The Beauty Detox Solution. Her science is from both ancient and revolutionary practices, collected from over 50 different countries. LIFE CHANGING. That's all.

Watch this to understand the magic:
 Kimberly Snyder's GGS

Do not be turned off by the color! This smoothie is 100% delicious and does not taste like "diet food".
Ingredients:
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 1 pear, chopped
  • 1 banana
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 4 cups spinach
  • splash lemon juice
  • some ice and water
Blend everything for 5 min or until the texture is smooth and there aren't any leafy bits left.
Feel awesome. Take on the day.

 Next up,
 

Coconut oil is another product that has been getting a lot of attention recently, and for good reason. Coconut oil is so multifunctional and has a wide range of benefits.
Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to have improvements in how they handle blood sugar, for coconut can help improve insulin use within the body. Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. - DoctorOz.com
My obsession with coconut oil comes from its beauty benefits on my hair and skin. I've thrown out all my other lotions and I'm not looking back. I know, they smell soo good and come in pretty bottles, but all of that isn't worth slathering chemicals directly into my skin (our body's biggest organ).

These days I apply coconut oil directly onto my skin, face, and hair. It's amazing. My hair is becoming shinier and thicker, and my skin feels so soft. Here's how:
  • 30 minutes before showering, rub the oil into your hair from roots to end. 
  • Rub the leftover oil on your hands onto your arms, legs, and face.
  • Shower (you may have to shampoo twice).
  • For a deep condition, rub oil into your hair and wear a shower cap to bed. Shampoo in the morning.
Coconut oil can be found in any food store or pharmacy.



Until next time... eat well, live well, and love well :)




No comments:

Post a Comment