Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beef Bourguignon

Life. Is. So. Busy!
I officially graduated from high school this weekend.
Both of my grandmothers are staying with me and I have had to cook big family meals every night this week.
I had two very intensive catering orders, made more intense by the fact that I was sharing the kitchen with four other women (mom, sis, grandma #1, grandma #2).
I have a new job cooking dinner and running errands for a family a few nights a week.

Which is good news for my blog! Because I have many recipes to share...so I better get going.

Aren't the roses beautiful? Sam got them for my graduation :) Good boyfriend.

Beef Bourguignon:
2 lb chuck roast or beef shoulder, cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
salt and pepper
1 large onion, diced
3-4 large carrots, chopped
6 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
4 T tomato paste
2 1/2 cup red wine; pinot noir
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 bay leaves
3 T instant Minute tapioca
2 c homemade beef or chicken broth or canned chicken broth**
3 t dried thyme
2 T olive oil
1 lb pearl onions (frozen onions work)
1/2 lb small white mushrooms, sliced
1 crockpot

No comments:

Post a Comment